Website The Jor-Mac Company
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Reporting to the President/General Manager, the Account Manager is responsible for sales, primarily growing our existing customers, plus maintaining and building those relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Develops, fosters, and grows existing customer relationships. Obtains new business opportunities from existing customers when/where applicable. Will host customers onsite, as well as visit many customer facilities.
- Prospects, cultivates, and qualifies new customer opportunities.
- Develops trusted relationships with key account holders and customer stakeholders.
- Collaborates with internal departments to facilitate client needs.
- Responds to customer’s requests for information (quotes, project information, and general information) within the time parameters given by the customer.
- Reviews blueprints, plans, and other customer documents used to develop and prepare cost estimates or projected changes in production.
- Develops and presents accurate sales reports.
- Forecasts and tracks key account metrics.
- Collects and analyzes data to learn more about consumer behavior.
- Responsible for customer communication on any issues that Customer Service requests assistance.
- Plans and hosts customer visits to Jor-Mac facility.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to all Jor-Mac and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- Bachelor’s degree required with a minimum of five (5) years of previous sales experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment.
- Positive attitude with high energy, self-motivated.
- Possess a high degree of integrity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strategic thinker with ability to develop new customer opportunities.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, results oriented.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations.
- Drive to succeed with a strong commitment to quality and a willingness to do whatever it takes to satisfy the customer.
- Solid knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be willing to travel 50% of the time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; frequently required to sit and talk or hear; occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.