Website The Jor-Mac Company
The Project Engineer is responsible for preparing and updating layouts, details, drawings, and designs according to engineering and/or customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Creates, reviews, and updates engineering drawings, specifications, and supporting documents to verify manufacturability of parts and adherence to company or industry standards.
- Uses AutoCad/ Solidworks and sketches to create accurate drawings with the required timeframe.
- Reviews blueprints, plans, specifications, and other customer documentation.
- Ensures that Engineering Change Notices (ECN’s) and Process Change Requests (PCR’s) are imported and updated accurately and timely to ensure consistently throughout production.
- Works with Engineering Manager and Operations team on guidelines for drawings to ensure customer expectations will be met.
- Maintain and updates drawing files.
- Offline programming of press brakes and turrets
- Assists Estimators as required/needed.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to all Jor-Mac and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- HS diploma or equivalent with a minimum of five (5) years of CAD drafting experience in manufacturing or a minimum of an Associate degree in a related field, required.
- Strong planning and organization skills.
- Understanding of AutoCad/ Solidworks.
- Demonstrate a high level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Customer service orientated; ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to require to sit, talk, and hear; frequently required to walk and continuously stand. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.