Website The Jor-Mac Company
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
As an Estimator, you are responsible for the entire project cycle to include providing accurate cost estimates, engineered fabrications, weldments, and complete assembles to customers. In addition, provides optimized estimates for profitable work by understanding customer prints and requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Responsible for preparing and/or coordinating the preparation of detailed and conceptual estimates on a variety of project sizes as required by customer documents.
- Understands and analyzes drawings, specifications, proposals, and other related documents to prepare accurate estimates.
- Assists in determining necessary resources, including materials, labor, and time, for projects based on cost estimates.
- Responsible for identifying customer/project requirements and reviewing material and tooling needs.
- Reviews subcontractor bids, quantities, pricing, fabrication plans, and shipping logistics.
- Provides assistance to Operations and other departments as needed.
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, vendors, and others outside the company.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field; 5 years or more of experience with metals and estimating in a custom metal fabrication environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous working knowledge of estimating software systems.
- Ability to work in a fast paced business; interacting continuously with vendors and others inside the organization.
- Demonstrate a high level of communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently; self-directed. Manage assigned projects effectively.
- Demonstrated computer skills; strong typing skills and proficient in MS Office.
- Previous experience in Global Shop and CAD is preferred.
- Customer service orientated; ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Possess strong problem solving skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to require to sit, talk, and hear; frequently required to walk and continuously stand. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.