Website The Jor-Mac Company
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
This position will assist in setups and operations of machines by gathering and transporting materials, providing operations with necessary paperwork, and performing other various duties to assist in the efficient operations of the company.
This position is available on 1st Shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Assist in positioning and moving materials for setups and machine operations.
- Gathers tooling and materials.
- Ensure that operators are running the correct jobs by working off the production schedule and attending daily production meetings.
- Transports materials and products to other areas throughout the organization.
- Operates pallet jacks and hand trucks to move materials.
- Gathers and distributes items as needed.
- Assists operators with various duties in order to reduce indirect hours among production employees.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to all Jor-Mac and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general education (GED) and three to six months related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in a weld fabrication environment preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple correspondence.
- Ability to understand work orders and follow procedures.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; occasionally required to sit and talk; frequently required to hear, walk and continuously stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Continuously exposed to manufacturing noise.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.