Website The Jor-Mac Company
SUMMARY OF LASER OPERATOR POSITION:
The Laser Operator is responsible for performing safe and efficient laser cutting operations for a variety of manufacturing needs, under general supervision.
This position is currently available on 2nd Shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities for the Laser Operator is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Start up, set-up, and operate the laser machine to manufacture product specified on work orders using engineering prints, standard work instructions, and inspection procedures.
- Performs tasks such as selecting operating programs from the secure database. Selecting and mounting fixtures to verify the correctness of the appropriate print and/or work order.
- Measures and records first article inspection of product with the use of proper equipment, within established guidelines, to achieve the required specifications.
- Performs other laser duties on tooling, fixtures, or prototype projects as required by Engineering or production departments.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to all Jor-Mac and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform the laser operator job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general education (GED) and one to two years related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in a weld fabrication environment preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple correspondence.
- Ability to understand and possess basic blueprint reading skills.
- Ability to understand work orders and follow procedures.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; occasionally required to sit and talk; frequently required to hear, walk and continuously stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Continuously exposed to manufacturing noise.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.