Website The Jor-Mac Company
Jor-Mac is currently searching for a Material Handler on our 1st shift to join our expanding operations.
SUMMARY OF MATERIAL HANDLER POSITION:
The Material Handler is responsible for operating powered industrial trucks to load and unload materials and deliveries and move them to and from storage areas, machines, and loading docks into other production areas, shipping, or trucks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Loads, unloads, and moves materials within and around the plant utilizing a forklift or pallet jack based off of production schedule, shipping order, or production demands.
- Stages raw materials and pallets for machine operators.
- Responsible for taking finished product into designated shipping area.
- May assist in loading/unloading of trucks and ensuring parts are ready to be shipped.
- Operate forklift in a safe and efficient way.
- Adhere to all Jor-Mac and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general education (GED) and one to two years related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience utilizing a sit-down forklift required.
- Previous experience in a weld fabrication environment preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple correspondence.
- Ability to understand work orders and follow procedures.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; occasionally required to sit and talk; frequently required to hear, walk and continuously stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Continuously exposed to manufacturing noise.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.