Website The Jor-Mac Company
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for performing routine and preventative maintenance painting duties, and a full range of specialized painting projects. Performs tests, helps train all paint members, and operates varies tools and equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Operates, manages, maintains, and/or troubleshoots various equipment including washers, spray guns, hand tools, paint booth, etc.
- Monitors equipment and conditions to ensure proper conditions for application and optimal functionality.
- Responsible for maintaining and ensuring paint room is free of contamination.
- Will turn on and off equipment inside paint room along with washers and ovens for daily operations.
- Sets up and maintain powder paint equipment to produce quality results.
- Responsible for checking chemical levels, water level, titration PM, conductivity, and adjusts chemical balances as required.
- Completes all necessary chemical sheets and turns them in on a daily basis at the end of shift.
- Responsible for maintaining powder levels in range and checking for any malfunctions.
- Maintains a positive working environment by communicating and collaborating with co-workers, customers, and management.
- Inspects parts for defects; finds root cause for those defects and corrects immediately.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to all Jor-Mac and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general education (GED) and four years related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess basic math, reading, and writing skills.
- Be punctual and have excellent attendance.
- Possess knowledge regarding powder paint ovens, equipment, etc.
- Ability to understand work orders and follow procedures.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; occasionally required to sit and talk; frequently required to hear, walk and continuously stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Continuously exposed to manufacturing noise.