Website The Jor-Mac Company
This position would be responsible for daily tasks such as: in process inspections, first article inspections, completion and maintenance of PPAP’s, customer interaction, and plant quality audits. Will be responsible for the accuracy of part inspection and verifications; ensuring proper materials used; parts are packaged properly. Maintain all required documents, as well as ISO paperwork.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
This list of duties and responsibilities for the Quality Technician is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Ensures quality requirements are met through accurate and timely completion of all production first piece inspections, first article completions, and PPAP measurement requirements.
- Verifies accuracy in regards to raw material specifications and finish/coating requirements.
- Performs plant-wide quality audits to ensure proper quality procedures and paperwork are being followed and documented correctly and appropriately.
- Responsible for the calibration of all quality inspection tools and maintaining accurate documentation of those results.
- Maintains a clean and orderly quality lab and ensure that all measuring equipment is functioning properly, both company and employee owned.
- Tracks, reports, and dispositions any non-conforming materials.
- Ability to investigate failure modes and determine the true root cause of non-conformances.
- Properly fills out all required documents for all jobs, quality systems, and ISO9001 requirements.
- Assist in the training of new and current employees on quality procedures and requirements.
- Adhere to all Jor-Mac and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Must communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner to all internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general educational development (GED) and three years related experience, specifically with ISO-9000, and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity using all types of standard inspection equipment and measuring devices; including arm-style CMM’s and PC-DMIS software.
- Possess and exhibit excellent customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
- Previous experience with, and understanding of, GD &T.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, instructions, specifications, and memos. Ability to prepare job related paperwork.
- Familiarity with MS Office Suite software.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; occasionally required to sit and talk; frequently required to hear, walk and continuously stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Moderately exposed to manufacturing noise.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.