Website The Jor-Mac Company
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
In this role, this position will develop, maintain, and generate CMM programs used to inspect and verify production materials and components. Reviews blueprints and specifications to establish correct inspection criteria following best practices. Assists in PPAPs, in-process inspections, internal audits, and customer communication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Sets-up and programs CMM machines with PC-DMIIS softwares.
- Interprets GD&T from blueprints to write CMM programs.
- Works with operators to ensure proper inspections are being recorded.
- Uses measuring equipment to complete part inspections.
- Follows management guidelines to perform final inspections of products, parts, and assemblies.
- Verifies accuracy in regards to raw material specs and finish/coating requirements.
- Performs plant-wide audits to ensure proper quality procedures and paperwork are being followed and documented appropriately and correctly.
- Ability to investigate failure modes and determine the true root cause of non-conformances.
- Properly fills out all required documents for all jobs, quality systems, and ISO9001 requirements.
- Assist in the training of new and current employees on quality procedures and requirements.
- Adhere to all Jor-Mac and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Must communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner to all internal and external customers.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general educational development (GED) and three years related experience, specifically with ISO9000, and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic working knowledge of MS Windows & Office.
- PPAP and CMM experience is required.
- Possess and exhibit excellent customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
- Previous experience with, and understanding of, GD &T.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, instructions, specifications, and memos. Ability to prepare job related paperwork
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; occasionally required to sit and talk; frequently required to hear, walk and continuously stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Role is in an office setting; however, will be exposed to noise when on the production floor.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.