Website The Jor-Mac Company
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The shipping operator works under general supervision, packs and prepares customer orders for shipping, loads and unloads trucks according to established procedures and shipping regulations and ensures customer delivery requirements are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities for the shipping operator is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Prepare product for shipping to customers.
- Ensure customer orders and product match; box, crate, package as necessary.
- Load trucks with outgoing products.
- Inspect materials and ensures bills of lading are correct.
- Operate a banding machine to properly pack products before shipment.
- Attach completed and appropriate labels required for the handling of material and specified by the carrier.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to all Jor-Mac and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general education (GED) and twelve (12) months related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in a shipping environment required.
- Previous experience operating a forklift required.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple correspondence.
- Ability to understand work orders and follow procedures.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; occasionally required to sit and talk; frequently required to hear, walk and continuously stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Continuously exposed to manufacturing noise.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.