Website The Jor-Mac Company
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under general supervision, the Spot Welder will primarily spot weld components based on job paperwork to ensure quality, safety, and productivity standards are met to satisfy customer requirements.
We are looking to fill this role on 2nd Shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Sets-up spot welder with appropriate heat, tips, AC forge delay, and water for each type of job and material.
- Perform spot weld operations as required by the job specifications.
- Determine and use the correct weld fixture if available.
- Complete and maintain all necessary and associated paperwork.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to all Jor-Mac and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general education (GED) and three to six months related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in a weld fabrication environment preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple correspondence.
- Ability to understand work orders and follow procedures.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; occasionally required to sit and talk; frequently required to hear, walk and continuously stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Continuously exposed to manufacturing noise.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.