Website The Jor-Mac Company
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Turret Machine Operator is responsible for the operation and set up of the CNC turret presses to produce metal components on a production basis.
We are looking for individuals to join us for the following shifts:
- 2nd Shift Week Days | $1.00 shift premium
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Operate and set up turret presses and perform a variety of operations associated with safe and quality production runs.
- Responsible for powering up, running, feeding, and powering down the applicable equipment.
- Ability to create M-codes and properly adjust and shim all tooling to correct heights and lengths.
- Interpret work orders to determine quantity needed, due dates, and any other pertinent information.
- Ability to read a tape measure, micrometer, caliper, protractors, and interpret tolerances.
- Capacity to understand blueprints, while understanding how the measurement and tolerances relate to the finished product.
- Measures product dimensions to determine accuracy of machine operation and performs quality inspection of finished product as required by work order.
- Ability to determine tool position in order to maximize machine efficiencies, adjust ram strokes, material stop gauges, etc.
- Perform general clean-up duties of the equipment and surrounding areas.
- May perform basic material handling duties with the use of manual pallet jack and/or forklift to move material and stage materials.
- Adhere to all Jor-Mac and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general educational development (GED) and one to two years related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in a weld fabrication environment preferred, but not required.
- Ability to do count, add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, specifications, blueprints, and memos. Ability to prepare time-sheets and job related paperwork. Ability to effectively communicate with other employees of the organization.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; occasionally required to sit and talk; frequently required to hear, walk and continuously stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Continuously exposed to manufacturing noise.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.