Website The Jor-Mac Company
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
We are looking to fill this position on 2nd Shift.
Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support manufacturing operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Performs highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment.
- Performs mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Performs regular preventative maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools, inspection equipment, and material handling equipment.
- Detects fault operations, defective machines and report those and any usual situations to proper supervisor.
- Assures compliance with appropriate safety practices and procedures and with applicable federal, state, and local codes, regulations, and requirements, as well as Jor-Mac company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- Requires high school diploma or GED; and three (3) years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and understand detailed blueprints, mechanical drawings and symbols, assembly drawings, elementary electrical schematics, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics.
- Familiar with machine lubrication, continuous improvement of machine PM’s and maintenance lubrication practices.
- Ability to operate various tools and equipment including, but not limited to: hand and power tools, metal fabrication equipment, welding equipment, and a variety of measuring equipment.
- Ability to do count, add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, specifications, and memos. Ability to prepare timesheets and job related paperwork. Ability to effectively communicate with other employees of the organization.
- Ability to work overtime when required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or touch objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, and reach above shoulders, climb or balance. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and distance vision. Continuously exposed to manufacturing noise. The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic/caustic chemicals. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- Health Insurance with a $0 option
- Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Breaks
- 401(k) With Company Match
- Boot & Safety Glasses Allowance
- Quarter Bonus Program
- Paid Time off + 9 Paid Holidays
- Referral Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Events
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.