Website The Jor-Mac Company
SUMMARY OF METAL FINISHER POSITION:
The Metal Finisher is responsible for setting up and operating a variety of hand power tools used to remove excess materials or burrs, sharpening edges or corners and sanding metal surfaces.
We are currently looking to fill this role on 2nd shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Grind, file, and/or sands metal surfaces to remove burrs and sharp edges using hand tools and grinders.
- Smooth surfaces to specified finish using hammer, dolly blocks, and other hand and power tools.
- Visually and physically inspect parts for any dents or scratches that need to be removed.
- Possess a strong understanding in blueprint reading.
- Interpret drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample parts to determine finish condition of work pieces, sequencing of metal finishing operations, and set up requirements.
- Perform general clean-up duties of the equipment and surrounding areas.
- Perform basic material handling duties with the use of manual pallet jack and/or forklift to move material and stage materials.
- Adhere to all Jor-Mac and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general educational development (GED) and one to two years related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in a weld fabrication environment preferred, but not required.
- Ability to do count, add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, specifications, and memos. Ability to prepare time sheets and job related paperwork. Ability to effectively communicate with other employees of the organization.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; occasionally required to sit and talk; frequently required to hear, walk and continuously stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurances
- HSA Company Contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Breaks
- 401(k) With Company Match
- Boot & Safety Glasses Allowance
- Quarter Bonus Program
- Paid Time off + 9 Paid Holidays
- Referral Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Events
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.