Website The Jor-Mac Company
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The paint line support is responsible for loading and unloading parts on and off the auto paint line system. This includes preparing, masking and plugging parts for the painting process.
We are currently looking to fill these positions on our 1st & 2nd Shifts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Loads and unloads parts on and off the paint line system.
- Ensures the paint line remains at full capacity to ensure proper efficiencies and customer demands are met.
- Properly prepares parts for painting process including masking and plugging and other appropriate steps as deemed necessary by routings and job packets.
- Assists in the packaging of parts and being removed from the paint line per customer requirements.
- Determines what hooks are necessary for which parts and properly utilizes them.
- Responsible for visual inspection of completed parts.
- Performs general clean-up duties of the equipment and surrounding areas.
- May perform basic material handling duties with the use of manual pallet jack and/or forklift to move material and stage materials.
- Adhere to all Jor-Mac and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general education (GED) and one to three months related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to differentiate between paint, colors, and grades.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, job orders, instructions, and customer specs.
- Ability to do count, add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, specifications, and memos. Ability to properly clock in/out and complete all job related paperwork. Ability to effectively communicate with other employees of the organization.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; occasionally required to sit and talk; frequently required to hear, walk and continuously stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Continuously exposed to manufacturing noise.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.