Website The Jor-Mac Company
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Powder Painter applies powder paint to products where high grade finishes are required ensuring required film thickness, color, and cosmetic requirements are met. Adjusts equipment as needed to produce high quality parts.
We are currently seeking an experienced candidate for our 2nd Shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Responsible for applying powder paint to parts based on job orders, customer specifics, and other documents and verifies the documentation is correct.
- Ensures the proper thickness and color is applied to all parts produced.
- Cleans the paint booth and the paint gun in between colors and shifts.
- Understands the painting process, efficiently operates the paint gun, and other operations and makes adjustments as necessary and as trained to produce quality parts.
- Determines paint flow, viscosity, and coating quality by performing visual inspections or by using viscometers.
- Performs general clean-up duties of the equipment and surrounding areas.
- May perform basic material handling duties with the use of manual pallet jack and/or forklift to move material and stage materials.
- Adhere to all Jor-Mac and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general education (GED) and one to two years related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience powder painting required; preferably in a weld fabrication environment.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, job orders, and customer specs.
- Ability to do count, add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, specifications, and memos. Ability to properly clock in/out and complete all job related paperwork. Ability to effectively communicate with other employees of the organization.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; occasionally required to sit and talk; frequently required to hear, walk and continuously stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Continuously exposed to manufacturing noise.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.