Website The Jor-Mac Company
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the direction of the Director of Operations, the position schedules the jobs throughout the production floor and ensures that they are available for production to meet customer delivery requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Review the production schedule based on due dates for customer orders and schedules accordingly.
- Assists operators when job packets are incorrect due to revision changes. May need to create new job packets including run charts, set up charts, inspection sheets, blueprints, etc. Makes the appropriate changes and distributes to operators and other personnel.
- Organizes and files job routes and shop packets, set up specs, and prints.
- Distributes job routes and shop packets; closes out completed jobs.
- Reviews and prioritizes “hot jobs” per department.
- Helps locate and identify missing parts, WIP, etc. within the facility.
- Ensures quantities recorded are accurate; identifies and corrects and discrepancies found.
- Ensures reception area is tidy and presentable with all necessary materials.
- Adjusts production schedule as needed based on materials available and customer demands.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to all Jor-Mac and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general education (GED) and one to three years related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Background utilizing office equipment; familiarity with MS Office and ERP systems.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple correspondence.
- Ability to understand work orders and follow procedures.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work with a wide range of personalities in a courteous, effective, and efficient manner.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; occasionally required to sit and talk; frequently required to hear, walk and continuously stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is typically quiet; with exposure to loud noise when on the production floor.