Website The Jor-Mac Company
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Quality Manager oversees the Quality Department and ensures consistent quality of production; validating processes; providing documentation; effectively managing staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Prioritize, schedule, and delegate work assignments, and directly supervise the quality assurance staff to ensure the meeting or exceeding of quality specifications of current ISO standards.
- Responsible for implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer service standards. Identifies and resolves problems. Completes audits. Determines system change.
- Develops quality assurance plans by conducting root cause analyses, identifying control points and preventive measures; monitoring procedures, verification procedures, and corrective actions.
- Develop training for and train employees on quality related practices and systems requirements.
- Produce quality reports, analyze information, and address and resolve problem areas.
- Develop and lead cross-functional teams to address and resolve quality issues and to improve levels of quality and productivity.
- Provide technical assistance to customers, vendors, and other departments of the company.
- Conduct research on product defects and recommend modifications in production or quality standards where warranted.
- Meets quality assurance financial objectives by estimating requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, and initiating corrective actions.
- Ensure compliance with all housekeeping procedures and all quality and safety regulations.
- Develop and recommend inspection and sampling techniques and quality assurance plans.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related degree; Four years of previous leadership/supervisory skills in a quality role; or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Familiarity with ISO standards and certifications.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to work with all level of staff.
- Ability to work independently; self-directed. Manage assigned projects effectively.
- Hands-on approach to resolving customer, vendor, and production quality issues.
- Possess strong problem solving skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to require to sit, talk, and hear; frequently required to walk and continuously stand. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurances
- HSA Company Contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Breaks
- 401(k) With Company Match
- Boot & Safety Glasses Allowance
- Paid Time off + 9 Paid Holidays
- Flexible Schedule
- Company Events
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.