Website The Jor-Mac Company
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under general supervision, the welder is responsible for fitting and joining, fabricating and repairing metal, and other materials by applying appropriate welding techniques in accordance with product specifications.
We are currently looking for Welders on 1st and 2nd shifts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Weld components with welding equipment as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions.
- Sets-up, lays out work using jigs/fixtures or hand layouts to fabricated parts and/or rework finished products.
- Read, understand, and follow blueprints, job order specifications, engineering drawings.
- Determine and use the correct weld fixture if available.
- Complete and maintain all necessary and associated paperwork.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to all Jor-Mac and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general education (GED) and one to two years related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in a weld fabrication environment preferred, but not required.
- TIG experience preferred.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple correspondence.
- Ability to understand and possess basic blueprint reading skills.
- Ability to understand work orders and follow procedures.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; occasionally required to sit and talk; frequently required to hear, walk and continuously stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Continuously exposed to manufacturing noise.
- Health Insurance
- Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurances
- HSA Company Contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Breaks
- 401(k) With Company Match
- Boot & Safety Glasses Allowance
- Quarter Bonus Program
- Paid Time off + 9 Paid Holidays
- Referral Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Events
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.