Website The Jor-Mac Company
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Assembler uses a variety of hand and power tools, blueprints, and work instructions to perform operations and to correctly assemble different components.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying instructions, blueprint specifications, and prints; gathering parts, subassemblies, tools, and materials.
- Positions parts by using templates or reading measurements.
- Usage of hand and power tools to assemble required parts.
- Assembles components by examining connects for correct fit; fastening parts.
- Verifies specifications by measuring completed components.
- Ensures that accurate inventory levels are appropriately documented.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to all Jor-Mac and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general education (GED) and one to three months related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of blueprint readings.
- Previous experience in a weld fabrication environment preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple correspondence.
- Ability to understand work orders and follow procedures.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; occasionally required to sit and talk; frequently required to hear, walk and continuously stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Continuously exposed to manufacturing noise.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.,