Website The Jor-Mac Company
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Flex Operator performs a variety of work duties including: spot welding, pem insertion, brake press, turret, laser and welding. This position will be responsible for assisting others in a variety of tasks. The ideal candidate will prefer variety in their work, as customer demands, will determine which department this candidate works in.
These positions are available on 2nd Shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive to the Flex Operator role and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Perform routine operations related to assembling, spot welding, turret press, forming, welding, and/or any other operations as needed.
- Assist machine operators by running machine(s) after set-up process has occurred.
- Inspects, cleans, and packages parts.
- Helps remove finished parts from the machines. Will also assist in loading the raw materials and positioning them prospering on the equipment.
- Perform general clean-up duties of the equipment and surrounding areas.
- May perform basic material handling duties with the use of manual pallet jack to move material and stage materials.
- Adhere to all Jor-Mac and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general education (GED) and six to twelve months related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience in a weld fabrication environment preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple correspondence.
- Ability to understand work orders and follow procedures.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; occasionally required to sit and talk; frequently required to hear, walk and continuously stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Continuously exposed to manufacturing noise.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.