Website The Jor-Mac Company
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for providing direction to the paint department to drive safe and quality production to the team. Communicates well with the team members and possess a good knowledge of powder coating equipment, chemicals, and powder.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Optimizes paint line efficiency by monitoring productivity and quality.
- Assigns daily tasks to painters and paint line members.
- Applies powder coatings to parts with high finished quality.
- Interprets and follows instructions; uses efficient work processes.
- Manages time effectively and strives to contain costs and reduce waste.
- Trains new paint line members.
- Sets up and maintain powder paint equipment to produce quality results.
- Chooses correct settings depending upon what part is being painted.
- Enforces quality standards and procedures; responds quickly to quality problems for part containment.
- Maintains a positive working environment by communicating and collaborating with co-workers, customers, and management.
- Inspects parts for defects; finds root cause for those defects and corrects immediately.
- Maintain powder inventory counts.
- Collaborates with other departments to ensure that orders are completed on time.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to all Jor-Mac and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general education (GED) and two to four years related experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Works productively in a team environment.
- Be punctual and have excellent attendance.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple correspondence work instructions, and part drawings.
- Ability to understand work orders and follow procedures.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; occasionally required to sit and talk; frequently required to hear, walk and continuously stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Continuously exposed to manufacturing noise.
- Health Insurance – including a $0 plan
- Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Breaks
- 401(k) With Company Match
- Annual Boot & Safety Glasses Allowance
- Quarterly Bonus Program for Hourly Employees
- Paid Time Off + 9 Paid Holidays
- Referral Program
- Anniversary Recognition
- Company Events
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if necessary.