Website The Jor-Mac Company
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Accounting Clerk prepares, maintains, and processes accounting records and financial transactions, including accounts payable, accounts receivable and bank deposits; also assists with invoicing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
- Receives and verifies expense reports; reconciles expense and other financial reports with account balances and other office records.
- Facilitates payment of vendors, which may include verification of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, and resolving discrepancies.
- Ensures outstanding obligations are credited upon payment, identifies discount opportunities, and issues purchase order amendments or stop-payment orders as needed.
- Assists with accounting records and ledgers by reconciling monthly statements and transactions.
- Records entry of, verifies documentation for, and distributes petty cash.
- Monitors A/P Aging Report.
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Creates invoices according to company practices; submits invoices to customers.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, or mailing attentions.
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- Creates reports regarding the status of customer accounts as requested.
- Research customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the Accounting Manager.
- Collaborates with the Accounting Manager to reconcile accounts receivable on a periodic (at least bimonthly) basis.
- Assists in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger.
- Assists Accounting Manager in reconciling revenue accounts each month.
- Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable as needed.
- Relays changes of information to appropriate employees.
- Sets up customers and performs reference checks.
- Enters monthly journal entries.
- Assists with other accounting projects and reports.
Filing, scanning, data entry, and other miscellaneous duties.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Adhere to all Jor-Mac and OSHA safety related work rules and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- High school diploma or general education (GED) and one to three years related accounting experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Associate degree in Accounting preferred.
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite including Excel.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend simple correspondence.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Hands-on experience with office equipment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; occasionally required to sit and talk; frequently required to hear, walk and continuously stand and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Continuously exposed to manufacturing noise.
This position is in a general office environment.
- Health Insurance with at $0 cost option
- Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurances
- HSA Company Contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Breaks
- 401(k) With Company Match
- Boot & Safety Glasses Allowance
- Quarter Bonus Program
- Paid Time off + 9 Paid Holidays
- Referral Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Events