Website The Jor-Mac Company Inc.
The Jor-Mac Company has an immediate opportunity for a first shift Production Supervisor.
- Prioritize, schedule, and delegate work assignments, and directly supervise employees and procedures to ensure company production is conducted is a safe, quality-conscious, efficient, cost-savings manner.
- Plan production schedules and ensure daily goals are met.
- Ensures the training of new and present employees in the processes and methods required to achieve the company’s standards for quality, quantity, safety, and ISO9001.
- Participates in hiring process and actively engages with employees, including conducting performance reviews, disciplines, and other employee concerns.
- Provide input to improve and ensure adherence to all company policies, department practices, customer specifications, and work instructions.
- Improve plant operating costs and performance related to productivity, scrap, and rework.
- Ensures proper and safe use of equipment, machinery, and the facility. Develop and implement recommendations to improve equipment downtime and minimize overall operating costs.
- Continually evaluate processes and methods, recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment, performance, utilization of people, and quality of product.
- Act as a technical resources to address and resolve inquiries and problems; analyze and resolve work problems, and assist workers in solving work problems.
- Ensures the completion of all required production paperwork, records, documentation such as time cards, quality records, etc.
- Assures compliance with appropriate safety practices and procedures and with applicable federal, state, and local codes, regulations, and requirements, as well as Jor-Mac company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree and three to five years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Ability to read and understand safety rules, production schedules, purchase orders, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively communicate with customers, employees, vendors, and others involved in with the organization.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ability to do count, add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure including whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.